Pololu Robotics & Electronics
Menu
My account Comments or questions? About Pololu Contact Ordering information Distributors

Pololu Forum

Maestro 6 channel starting sequence

Hello I have a Maestro 6 channel servo controller and I have servos in all 6 channels. My question is I need to run the sequence of servos , which is in the controller, from a momentary contact button the sequence then runs to the end and then restarts on the push of the button again. Can this be done?. I don’t do code at all it has been programed from the downloaded servo controller. Any help would be appreciated

Hello.

Each channel on the Maestro servo controllers has three modes it can be configured in: Servo, Input, or Output. There is not a separate pin available for connecting a button; it should be connected to a channel configured as an input as shown in the “Attaching Servos and Peripherals” section of the Maestro user’s guide. That being said, you might be able to still use 6 servos if two of your servos are always moving together (e.g. receiving the same signal) by using something like a Y Splitter Cable to connect them both to a single channel on the Maestro, freeing up a pin to be used as your button input.

Alternatively, you could achieve something similar if you power the Maestro from a switch and configure the Maestro to start the script as soon as it receives power. Then, each time you power the Maestro (e.g. turn the switch off and back on), the Maestro could run through the script once. To do this, you can check the “Run script on startup” option in the “Script” tab of the Maestro Control Center software. Also, if you want the script to only run once, you can terminate it with the QUIT command.

Brandon

Many thanks for the reply I like the idea of switching off then on I will buy more channels next time

Hello I have freed up a channel and can now use it as an input to start my servo sequence, Now I don’t code so I have no idea how to get this to work. I have seen the wiring for the pull up resistor and can sort that out and the switch is a SP ST momentary contact. Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Hello, sparky.

To start your script with the push of a button, you can add some code at the beginning of your BEGIN/REPEAT loop that stays in a while loop until a button is pushed. For example, you have your button connected as an input on channel 5, you can add this while loop to have the script wait for the button before continuing:

begin  
  5 get_position 500 greater_than while  #wait in while loop until button connected to channel 5 is pushed
repeat

If you try adding something like this to your script and have problems, you can post the script you have so far and I would be happy to help troubleshoot.

Brandon

How would i trigger a sequence with a button (mini maestro 12)