RC used to start a motor sequence

Hello! I’m new in the robotics and I need some help to choose the right device.
I have a Micro Maestro Servo Controller used to control the position of 2 servos during a sequence of positions. Now I want to start the sequence by pressing a single button on a radio controller: the idea is that the script will waiting fot the radio pulse to starts the sequence. So my questions are:

• witch one RC switch is the most suitable for this purpose?
  • I can use any Radio controller or I have to respect some frequencies?
    Thankyou!

Hello.

Usually, buttons/switches on RC remotes will change between sending out a low pulse width (something like 1000us) and a high pulse width (such as 2000us) depending on the state of the button/switch. If that is how your remote works, then you should be able to use one of our RC switches with digital output to convert that to a digital signal that the Maestro can read. The RC switch with digital output considers any RC signal valid that is within a 10–330 Hz pulse rate and 500-2500us pulse width (which should cover the range of most typically RC transmitter/receiver pairs). Just to clarify, the RC switches do not have a built-in receiver, so you will need to connect the signal from your receiver to the RC switch.

You can read the digital output from the switch with any Maestro channel that is configured as an input, which you can do from the “Channel settings” tab of the Maestro Control Center software. From there, you can essentially treat that input like a button in your script. If you just want to start your script from that, you can find some information (including some sample code) for doing that in this post.

Brandon

Thank you so much! Do you think this transmitter/receiver pairs should do the work with your RC Switch with Digital Output?

I am not familiar with that specific product, but it looks like that is an RF transmitter/receiver that already outputs simple 5V digital signals (not RC signals). If that’s the case, you should be able to use it directly with the Maestro.

Brandon

Thank you Brandon!