Wiring safety

Hi I own a few https://www.pololu.com/product/2286 (75:1 Metal Gearmotor 25Dx54L mm LP 6V with 48 CPR Encoder). And I was wondering that AWG size of wires should I use for this motor, I have been using them with jumper wires just fine, however, in the upcoming competition of my project, they are strict about electrical safety. Should I keep using jumper wires or switch to a different AWG? Also do you think that regular jumper wire connections between arduino pins considered electrically safe for a small moving robotic car?Thank you so much.

Hello,

Jumper wires come in various gauges, so which one is appropriate would depend on the jumper wires. You can use the chassis wiring specifications from this chart to get some idea of the current each common wire gauge should be able to handle.

I have used jumper wires in many of my own robots for the connections to microcontroller and have not had any problems. If you want the best connection, you might consider soldering your connections. Alternatively, you could try using a little glue to stick the housings of your jumper wires to the headers. I hope you find this helpful!

-Derrill