Which motor driver for me

thanks

Hi, Joe.

I don’t understand what your goal is. Why do you want your steering actuator to spin freely? What are you trying to steer? Do you have a datasheet or product page for your motor? Is it 6 amps free-run or 6 amps stall?

- Ryan

thanks

You can measure the stall current of your motor by holding the shaft motionless while applying your power supply to the motor and measuring the current. Stall currents of motors can be much higher than the free-run current so it is good to know before deciding anything else. What is the significance of that link? Are you trying to make that steering wheel, or modify it?

- Ryan

thanks

Sorry, nope. It still is not clear to me what you want to do. You did not link to a motor, you linked to some complete steering wheel assembly. Can you describe the big picture and where what you are doing now fits in?

- Ryan

thanks

That sounds like a pretty complicated project for someone just getting started. I would recommend starting with something simpler. Also, it sounds like you are trying to modify an actual vehicle, which can be exceptionally dangerous if you do not know what you are doing.

- Ryan