What is the range of supply current of vnh2sp30

I have a VNH3SP30 chip board.I found that it’s said that the supply voltage is 5.5v to 6v.But I don’t know what is the supply current of VNH3SP30.If the support voltage is 12v,what is the supply current should be if i want to get 3A continuous output of vnh2sp30?

Hello.

I cannot tell exactly what you are asking and there are several confusing things in your post that I am hoping you can clear up.

You mention both the VNH2SP30 and VNH3SP30 chips in your post and we have different products based off each of those chips. Can you tell me the Pololu item number for the product you are asking about?

Also, in general the amount of current through this kind of circuit is generally a property of the motor and the voltage of the power supply. The effect of the motor driver is to lower the voltage sent to the motor and the motor draws less current at that lower voltage. Could you tell me what kind of motor and power supply you are using and the voltage and current ratings for them?

-Nathan

I’m sorry for a mistake in last post.I means that 705 MD01B VNH3SP30.I want to use this chip to driver a motor,the current deliver through the motor might be about 5a continuously.And the power supply I want to connect to the chip minght be 12v,so I wonder that does it have any requirement of current of the power supply? The current of the power supply should must be largger than 5a?

The amount of current a motor draws varies a lot based on the mechanical load on it. It sounds like 5A might be the continuous current rating for the motor, but you should be aware that motors can draw many times their continuous current rating when starting, stopping, or changing directions suddenly. You should pick a power supply that can handle the current peaks for your motor and the type of motions you want to perform with it. The logic on the driver chip itself draws very little power when compared to the motor’s draw.

Motor drivers like these can help reduce current spikes by allowing you to change motor speed more slowly (when you gradually change the duty cycle of the PWM signal being used to control the motor). It is also possible to lower the current draw by limiting the maximum duty cycle being sent to the motor.

-Nathan