VNH519 to ESP32-WROOM-32

Dear all,
For my project till now I was using this VNH519 motor driver as a shield on my Arduino Uno and controlling two 24V motors with a joystick, but now I would want to make a wireless remote control by using two ESP32-WROOM-32 microcontrollers communicating with each other through Bluethooth later on using voice control as well. I am new in a field of working with motors and motor drivers, so I am a bit confused. I would want to make a PCB for my ESP32, so that I can put this driver on top of it as a shield, but I am not understanding how to connect it, because, from the schematic I found online, I unclearly read that I need to connect pins from M1INA till M2PWM, but I would want to know what is included in the library and which pin does what. Could you please help me to start this project? Also I would like to know if anyone has done something similiar.
Thank you in advance and I would be happy for any response! :slight_smile:

Hello.

It sounds like you have not looked at the Dual VNH5019 Motor Driver Shield User’s Guide. The user’s guide is linked under the “Resources” tab on the VNH5019 shield’s product page. The pinout table under the “Board Connections” section in the guide explains each pin’s functions.

Can you elaborate on what you want to know about the Arduino library for the Pololu Dual VNH5019 Motor Driver Shield? If you are asking about the shield’s connections to the Arduino board, you can find a table showing the default Arduino pin mappings to the shield under the “Shield Connections” section of the VNH5019 shield’s user’s guide.

- Amanda