VNH5019 and simple motor control center

how to use the ‘simple motor control center’ (smcc) in Windows 10 with a vnh5019 arduino shield?

one and half year ago i was playing around with the vnh5019 and i thought it was then possible to use the smcc-front-end to make adjustments to the shield.
somehow today i have no clue how to do this.
i tried with loading sketches from the PololuQik examples, but the smcc keeps saying ‘not connected’.
in the device-manager there’s nothing showing about a Pololu device.

for the moment the shield is stacked on the arduino-Uno, no motor nor motor-power, the power for the shield comes from the arduino (jumper ON).

any help welcome
rolf

Hello, rolf.

The Simple Motor Control Center (SMCC) and code examples from the PololuQik Arduino library are designed specifically to work with our Simple Motor Controllers (SMCs) and Qik Dual Serial Motor Controllers, respectively, which are very different from the Dual VNH5019 Motor Driver Shield for Arduino. The VNH5019 shield does not have configuration software like the SMCC, but it does have an Arduino library, which can be found under the “Resources” tab on the VNH5019 shield’s product page. You can look at the Demo sample sketch to help you better understand how to use the library.

- Amanda