Undervoltage Shutdown for Dual G2 High-Power Motor Driver 18v22?

Hey there,

Im using the G2 18v22 motor driver, powered off a 3 cell 11.1V LiPo battery. In order to protect the battery, I’d like to cut off the motors below ~9.5V.

I’d like to know if I can set a low voltage cutoff for the G2 board — in the features list, it mentioned an Undervoltage cutoff fault, but I cannot find any further documentation on how to configure this, or any of the other faults for that matter.

Is it possible to configure this? What low voltage will currently trip the fault? Is it just the minimum 6.5V or is there something else I can do?

Thanks!

Hi.

The fault line of our G2 high-power motor drivers can be triggered by three conditions: short circuits on the outputs, under-voltage, and over-temperature. None of them are configurable.

The under-voltage lockout protection on the driver activates when the input voltage drops to around 5.4V, so it would not be useful in protecting your 3s LiPo. You will have to use an external circuit or your microcontroller to monitor the input voltage and trigger something like a switch.

-Claire