Tic T825 Continuous Full Rotation

Hi I’m working on a project where I need a step motor to rotate like a record player with variable speed
I’m currently using powershell to run Ticcmd.exe processes

But I can get the motor to rotate continuously

Can anyone out there help me with an example

Many Thanks

Hello.

I moved your post to the “Motor controllers/drivers and motor” section of the forum since it seems more appropriate.

You have not given enough details about what is happening or what you are trying for me to suggest anything meaningful; however, it sounds like you might be trying to get the motor to rotate continuously but it is stopping (assuming there is a typo in your post and you meant that you can’t get the motor to rotate continuously). If that is the case, I suspect you might be getting the “command timeout” error.

By default, the Tic will trigger this error if it does not receive certain commands for a full second. The time it takes to trigger the command timeout error can be configured in the “Input and motor settings” tab of the Tic Control Center. To prevent the error from happening, you could send the “Reset command timeout command” repeatedly while the Tic is connected (which is what the Tic Control Center does). Alternatively, you could disable the command timeout feature by unchecking the box in that same “Input and motor settings” tab.

If this does not fix your problem, can you post more details about what you are trying to do and what is happening? Also, could you post your powershell script as well as your Tic settings file? You can save your Tic settings file by selecting the “Save settings file…” option within the “File” drop-down menu of the Tic Control Center while the Tic is connected.

Brandon