TIC T500 - Move Past Home Position

Hello I am looking to see if there is a way to disable the forward limit after homing. This would be handy for the project I am working on so that when the limit is disabled I could get a little extra travel out of my linear slide for maintenance. I am controlling my tic with an Arduino.

Hello.

There is no built-in way to disable or ignore a limit switch and allow the motor to move in the same direction after it is triggered on the Tic. However, since you are controlling it with an Arduino, you could connect a pin from your Arduino to whichever pin on the Tic you are using for your limit switch in a way that allows you to override the limit switch and prevent it from triggering.

Brandon

I am controlling the Tic remotely over I2C with only data and power due to cable limitations. I do see that it seems to be a future feature for “I/O” which I could use to read the limit status and output the limit status only while homing. Do you know when this feature will be available? One of the reasons I picked the Tic is because of the integrated homing function within its own control.

Hello.

Unfortunately, we do not currently have a time frame for when those expanded I/O features might be available on the Tic controllers.

Brandon