Tic T500 driver doesnt stop exact position

Hello
I am tyring to drive a step motor using Tic T 500 pololu driver and ı want to create another interface to control it (except pololu tic control center) in c#. I use ticcmd commands to control it and the problem is when I set the position as numerical more than 180 motor rotates and it doesnt stop at exact position.
I need help

This is my linings in C#

decimal a = numericUpDown1.Value;
        Process cmd2 = new Process();
        cmd2.StartInfo.FileName = "cmd.exe";
        cmd2.StartInfo.RedirectStandardInput = true;
        cmd2.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = true;
        cmd2.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = true;
        cmd2.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = false;
        cmd2.Start();
        cmd2.StandardInput.WriteLine("ticcmd -d 00261751 --exit-safe-start --position " + a);
        //System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(500);
        cmd2.StandardInput.Flush();
        cmd2.StandardInput.Close();
        cmd2.WaitForExit();
        Console.WriteLine(cmd2.StandardOutput.ReadToEnd());

Hello.

Does the red LED on the Tic light up (indicating an error) when the motor stops? If so, I suspect you are getting the command timeout error. By default, the Tic will trigger this error if it does not receive certain commands for a full second. The time it takes to trigger the command timeout error can be configured in the “Input and motor settings” tab of the Tic Control Center. To prevent the error from happening, you could send the “Reset command timeout command” repeatedly while the Tic is connected (which is what the Tic Control Center does). Alternatively, you could disable the command timeout feature by unchecking the box in that same “Input and motor settings” tab.

If that does not solve your problem, can you give me more specific information about what is happening (e.g. test results showing what happens when you send different position commands)? If you are receiving an error indicated by the red LED, can you look in the “Status” tab of the Tic Control Center tell me what error you are getting?

Brandon

1 Like

Thanks it is solved :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like