TB67S249FTG: Current limit with heat sink

Hi,

i want to controll 3 stepper motors using the TB67S249FTG.
2 motos run at 1,4A and the other one as 1,8A.

Now your description states: " The TB67S249FTG has a wide operating voltage range of 10 V to 47 V and can deliver approximately 1.7 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow (up to 4.5 A peak)."

So if i add a sufficient cooling system i should be able the run the one motor at 1,8 A without overheating the driver right?

Thanks so much for your support.
Nick

And another question: Does anyone has suggestions for a heat sink, that would fit?

Thanks again

Standard wisdom suggests that the larger breakout board would be able to dissipate heat a lot faster than the smaller stepstick.

However, I would be curious to hear about some real world values for that exact thing - how the larger breakout board stacks up against the stepstick in regard to heat build up.

Hello.

With a sufficient cooling system, your driver should be fine at 1.8A per phase continuously. We do not have any suggestions for a heat sink for that driver.

We have not measured the performance on the StepStick specifically, but because it has the same form factor and uses the same A4988 driver that we use in our carrier, we expect that it will have a similar max current. We have rated our A4988 stepper motor driver carrier at a maximum continuous current of 1A per phase without a heat sink, which is noticeably lower than the TB67S249FTG carrier.

-Tony