Tabletop: A Collection of 3pi Applications and Utilities

Hello,

I’ve developed a website for an organization I call Tabletop Robotics, where we endeavour to develop exciting applications and utilities for the 3pi robot. Currently, we have 6 different programs accessible via a menu system on the 3pi LCD, with difficulty levels ranging from beginner to intermediate. Three of our best applications include:

• Custom barcode reading, where the 3pi decodes text messages encoded on a line-following course
  • Wireless remote control via PC using two Wixels
  • Grid-based navigation

Videos for all 6 applications are available on the website.

We’ve also developed some useful utilities to run under Windows. One of them is particularly handy, since (in conjunction with provided C libraries) it allows the user to receive serial data from the 3pi, and have it automatically organized and exported as a .csv file, to allow for easy graphing in your favourite spreadsheet software.

This endeavour is named Project Tabletop. Source code, hex files and binaries are all provided under the open-source MIT license. Tabletop is continually in development, and there’s always room for improvement. Related suggestions, comments or questions are most welcome, and can be directed to geoff@tabletoprobotics.xyz.

It’s my hope that this project will be a valuable resource for those interested in robotics, particularly those developing for the 3pi or similar systems.

Thanks,
Geoff