T825 and p8-10-165-3 st

Hello,
I am using linear motor with T825. Tic is controlled through the control program, but I cannot run the sample codes on the arduino.
rx10 and tx11 connected.
Can you help with position control?
Do I need to make any adjustments on the program?

Hello.

Are you trying to use the I2C or TTL serial interface? You mentioned connecting the RX and TX pins for TTL serial, but the example program you linked to is for I2C.

If you want to use TTL serial, you should refer to the SerialPositionControl.ino example instead. Also, the correct pins to use depend on which particular Arduino board you are using; you can find a chart with that information on in the readme for the Tic Stepper Motor Controller library for Arduino

If you want to use I2C like the example sketch you linked to, you should connect your Arduino board’s SCL pin to the Tic’s SCL pin, your Arduino’s SDA pin to the Tic’s SDA pin, and one of your Arduino’s GND pins to one of the Tic’s GND pins.

Brandon

Thank you very much for your reply.
I am using Serial Position Control.ino.
with arduino.
Links
10-rx
11-tx
gnd-gnd
vin-vm
when i upload the code it doesn’t work. Do I need to make any other adjustments?
I’m doing it with 10v supply, it works on the tic program, there is no voltage problem. When the Arduino is connected, it does not draw current.

You should generally not need to make any changes to the example program. What Arduino board are you using? Could you post pictures of your setup that show all of your connections, as well as a copy of your Tic settings file? You can save a copy of your settings file from the “File” drop-down menu of the Tic Control Center while the controller is connected.

Brandon

Connections are as in the picture. Position control is done through the tic program. I can’t control it via Arduino.
Thank you very much for your help in advance.
tic_settings.txt (1.3 KB)

Is your code being uploaded to the Arduino board without any error?

no error

Thank you for the additional information and pictures. It looks like you have your TX and RX connections swapped. Pin 11 on your Arduino is functioning as the TX pin, so it should be connected to the Tic’s RX pin. Similarly, pin 10 on the Arduino is functioning as the RX pin, and that should be connected to the Tic’s TX pin. Could you try correcting that and seeing if that fixes the problem?

By the way, it looks like there’s a lot of wires coming from your Tic’s motor output pins; do you have multiple motors connected to it? If so, please double check that you have set the current limit appropriately.

Brandon

thank you it worked. but I want to control it by connecting 2 t825s. I am using arduino uno. I want to use serialmulti as code. how can i connect

As described in the comments of the SerialMulti.ino example, The GND pin of the Arduino must be connected to a GND pin on each Tic. The TX pin of the Arduino (pin 11 in your case) must be connected to the RX pins of each Tic. This example does not read data, so there is no need to connect the Tics’ TX pins.

Please note that you will also need to change the device number on one of the Tics from 14 to 15 for that example to work correctly (and in general you will probably want a unique device number for each Tic so you can send commands to them separately).

If you need to read data back from both Tic controllers on the same serial line, you will need to connect the TX line of each Tic to an input line of an AND gate, and the output of the AND gate to the Arduino’s RX (pin 10 in your setup). You can find more details about this, including a wiring diagram, toward the bottom of the Setting up serial control section of the Tic user’s guide.

Brandon

Connections are as in the picture. but it is not working.
I set the tic to 14 and 15.
It works one by one through the tic application.
I want to run both together and I want to control position.

Hello.

I cannot tell exactly which pins you are connecting from your Arduino to each Tic controller in your picture, but it looks like you have pin 11 going to one Tic and pin 10 going to the other, which is not correct.

As I described in my previous post, for using the SerialMulti.ino example with an Arduino Uno, pin 11 from the Arduino should be connected to the RX pin on both Tic controllers, so you will need a way to split that wire into two connections (e.g. a Y-connector or using breadboard). For now, I recommend removing any connection to pin 10.

Brandon

thanks a lot for everything.

1 Like