Strange behavior when two pololu jrks are plugged

Hi, i’ve got two 12v12 jrks connected to two distinct wiper motors that function perfectly when plugged one at a time. But when i connect both of them to usb ports then strange things happen, infact if i give a manual input to one of them in the jrk config utility both motors run, at first the right one followed by the other motor that wasn’t supposed to move… after that sometimes one of the jrks gives error and disconnects.
Both the jrks are configured to run in usb dual port mode, one with device number 11 and the second with device number 12. In device manager they appear as com3 and com8 (command ports) with the ttl’s ports com4 and com9.
The jrks are not connected one to another in any way.
Sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance for your help!

Hello.

The behavior you are describing does not sound normal. Could you post some pictures of your setup, including all of your connections? Can you clarify what you mean when you say that one of the jrks gives an error and disconnects? Does it disappear from your Device Manager? Are you able to see which error is being triggered in the Jrk Configuration Utility before it disconnects?

-Brandon

probably found the cause… my two motors are fixed to a metal chassis and one of them leaks some current… infact i’ve found out that even with only one motor supplied with power the other moves too if both jrks are plugged! I’ll try to find the leakage and keep you informed!

ok i’ve isolated the motors… but unfortunately my problems are not solved, infact one of the two jrks keeps on giving 0x1f error (control transfer failed) when both the jrks and motors are plugged and powered. If i unpower the other motor then the problematic jrk runs ok, and that makes me think of some more current leaks issues… but instead there’s something that leads me to think about something like usb communication issues: i’ve tried to control the jrks with two distinct pc’s (one per pc), the whole setup plugged and powered and all goes just fine! i’m going crazy, does anyone have a clue about that? thank you so much

Hello.

It is strange that everything works fine when you use two different computers and not when you connect them both to one computer. Can you clarify if the problem is the same as it was before you changed your setup? Is the problem still that both motors will respond to a single command in the Jrk Configuration Utility, or is it just giving an error now, without turning the motor? Also, could you post some pictures of your setup, including all of your connections?

-Brandon