Stepper motor is noisy and choppy when using DRV8825 carrier

Hello.

I’m setup DRV8825 on my printer with sanguinololu, and motors 42BYGHW609, and try 42BYGHM809.
But driver not work fine and motor turns choppy and noise.

What’s wrong ? How to fix it?

video with my trouble:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTc8QTHAebw

Hello.

I did not see or hear anything obviously wrong in the video. Can you describe how it is different from what you expect? (Does it sound any different when you remove the motor from your table and place it on another surface?) Also, what are you using for your power supply, and what do you have the current limit set to?

-Jon

Sound works like a skipping steps…
Power supply is ATX 450 watt, and adjust the current limit does not help.

With old driver A4988 motor work fine:

Thank you for posting the videos; it was useful to have the comparison. We do not make the red stepper motor driver boards shown in the second video, although we do make our own A4988 carriers. Please note that the DRV8825 is not an exact drop-in replacement for our A4988 stepper motor driver carrier; there are a few key differences, which can be found at the bottom of the DRV8825 product page. Can you check to make sure none of these differences affect your system?

Can you tell me exactly what the current limit is set to? Additionally, if you have a less powerful stepper motor, could you try using that?

-Jon

Problem fixed with set firmware to Marlin. Previous was sprinter. And maybe the problem was in the parameter MAX_STEP_FREQUENCY.
In Marlin is 40000, but in Sprinter is 30000…

I am glad to hear the problem was solved; thanks for letting us know.

-Jon