Speed up my Gearmotor

Hello!

Is there any chance to speed up my Gearmotor, without changing it’s appearance?
The motor is mounted to a machine, and I don’t want to drill any new holes into it. So what I am thinking of is to replace the 19:1 gear inside the gearbox, but I have no idea if it even works!?
And if it works, will it be hard to do?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:
Daniel

Hello, Daniel.

Could you tell me more about your setup? What are you using to supply power? What kind of load is on the gearmotor? Unfortunately, that is the lowest gear ratio version of those gearmotors we have, so we don’t have one geared for more speed. Depending on how much more speed you need, you might be able to increase the voltage to get a bit more speed.

Grant

Hey!

Thanks for your quick response :slight_smile:

I’m using the motor for spin-coating. Here is a little sketch. I mounted a little rotary plate made of aluminium to the motor shaft. During spin-coating I drip liquid onto the plate, which hardens after some time, but this is not really worth mentioning concerning the load.

I use a 12V 5000mA power supply.

I guess there is no other way than removing the gear to speed my motor up. Do you have any instructions for that?

Daniel

Hello.

If you are planning to try and remove a gear from the gearbox, I do not think that will work because the gearbox is specifically setup for that gear ratio. As I mentioned in previous post, you might try increasing the supply voltage by changing power supplies to get a bit more speed.

Grant

Hello!

I want to remove the whole gearbox, but I do not want to destroy anything. Therefore some instructions would be great.

Daniel

Hello.

To remove the gearbox, you need to remove the screws holding it on. I recommend making note of how its assembled, so you can put it back together if you need to. Also, try not to lose any parts as some parts are small.

By the way, I am not sure how well just removing the gearbox will work for your application. Without the gearbox, the motor has very little torque. Also, the motor shaft is not the same size as the out put shaft for the gearbox and it has the pinion gear press fit on it. You might also have some issue mounting the motor as the motor shaft is positioned in the center of the motor not offset like the output shaft of the gearbox.

Grant