Setting step mode on 36v4 driver board

I am using 36v4 high power stepper motor driver in conjunction with an Arduino.
I have downloaded the libraries and example codes, and have the motor running.
However, I want to run the motor in in full step mode, not micro-step, how do change the setting within the code. ,

Hello.

You can set the step mode on the Tic through the Arduino library’s setStepMode() function. You can find additional information (including an example usage) in the library’s doucmentation for the setStepMode() command. As mentioned there, additional information ( such as the available step modes for each version of the Tic) can be found under the “Set step mode” heading of the “Setting reference” section of the Tic user’s guide. The command for setting it to full-step mode would look like this:

tic.setStepMode(TicStepMode::Full);

Brandon

Hi Brandon, thanks for the response.
I am very new to this so forgive my ignorance.
I am not using the TIC version of the board, just the High Power stepper Motor Driver, is this the same thing ?
The example code “Basic Stepper” that I downloaded has the following line for setting the step mode
sd.setStepMode(HPSDStepMode::MicroStep2);
I have tried replacing MicroStep2 with “Full” but it is rejected.
Do I need to include a different library?

Hello.

Sorry for the confusion; I misread your original post. The High-Power Stepper Motor Driver 36v4 has its own Arduino library, which it sounds like you are using. The setStepMode() function in that library looks similar but uses a different notation for full steps. Calling sd.setStepMode(HPSDStepMode::MicroStep1); should put the driver in full-step mode.

Brandon