Roboclaw 2x15 non functional need to return

Last year I built a NASA robot (30" they downloaded the plans and parts for. It used roboclaw 2x30. I had no trouble connecting, running and using Motion Studio. My new project has 2x15 roboclaw. I have spent 3 days trying to get it to do anything. Spent a long time trying to install USB software require by Motion studio. I installed motion studio but it will not detect roboclaw. Had no problem with this on NASA project. The status light on 2 gree, one read only come on if usb cable is pluged in, However it does not matter if power is suppled to roboclaw. Basicall the light are only on because the usb cable is powering them. The 3 switches controlling mode and such are non functional, they do nothing, they do not effect status lights light like they should. All the control pins are supplied by roboclaw with power unless you choose to supply your own. There is no 5 volts or any voltage on the 5v pins which in non functional. I believe I cannot install usb driver because they require an active roboclaw which it is not. I did remove all the motors no effect. There’s nothing left to check I need a replacement ASAP.

Hello.

I am sorry to hear you have been having trouble getting your motor controller working. Unfortunately, we do not even have more of those RoboClaw 2x15A controllers in stock right now, and with the global parts shortages, we are not sure when we will be able to get more. The fastest way to resolve this is probably if you contact the manufacturer, Basicmicro, directly; they can troubleshoot the issue with you, which might just get your unit working, and if not, they should be able to repair your unit or get you a replacement faster than we could.

If you have any trouble getting support from them, please email us at support@pololu.com with your order information and a reference to this thread.

Brandon

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response.

I do not have time for a prolong technical troubleshooting, send it to the manufacture, this could turn into weeks, months. I would like to return it and get my money back…

Please advise how I can do this,

Thank you,

John Dabrowki

We do not accept returns of open items, so we would need to do some troubleshooting with you regardless to determine an appropriate resolution. From our experience Basicmicro is good about replying and resolving issues with their products quickly, so please at least start by reaching out to them. If they conclude it is defective and you do not want them to repair or replace it, we can give you return instructions and refund your order.

Brandon