Pololu Motor Controllers and Motor Drivers

good evening my name is diego ramirez and write from Colombia excuse my English I hope now acquired five (250:1 Micro Metal Gearmotor) of your company for the development of a hand anthropometric and need to know how to control and right through to products within of the company, which may be compatible with arduino nano v3 card. besides this I need to know if there is any way that engines when they are of a brake on the shaft can be turned off so there is no damage to the gears and the engine does not burn.

thanks

Hello.

That sounds like a great project! Can you tell me the item number of the motor you have? We have two different 250:1 Micro Metal Gearmotors, the high power model and the low power model.

-Derrill

“Any way that engines when they are of a brake on the shaft can be turned off so there is no damage to the gears and the engine does not burn.”

I am not entirely certain what you mean by this. If you post it in Spanish I can ask my Colombian colleague if he can help translate.

Alternatively I can ask more specific questions:

What brake do you mean? You can connect your motor output so that it “slips” on whatever it is turning if the torque is too high. This can protect your motor, though the mechanism can be tricky to calibrate and/or expensive.

Do you mean to allow your motor to “coast” without generating power on the motor by reverse direction? Then you want the motor to “coast”, but you might still brake the gears. It’s a difficult problem, it would help to know better your goals.