Pololu G2 High-Power Motor Driver

I have used the L298N driver, but I need something that can supply more current.

I am looking at the Pololu G2 High-Power Motor Driver 24v21. Is it correct to assume that I can use this in place of L298N? It appears to be the case from the spec sheet (similar voltages, higher current, sufficient PWM rate, one channel is sufficient), though I am a beginner and appreciate expert input.

Hello.

You might be able to use our G2 High-Power Motor Driver 24v21. However, please keep in mind its control interface is not the same as the L298N, so you will need to adjust your program for controlling the driver. You can find information about how to control our driver on its product page under the “Motor control options” header.

Also, our G2 High-Power Motor driver is a major step-up in performance from the L298N, so if you only need a little more current it might be overkill and we probably carry a lot of other options that could work. If you share more about your setup, such as by posting a datasheet or a link for what motor you want to control and describing how you plan to power it, then I can let you know if we have any drivers that might be more appropriate.

- Patrick