Pololu Dual VNH5019 and Labview

Hello , Pololu Dual VNH5019 is compatible with Labview?

Hi.

The VNH5019 motor driver is controlled with PWM and digital signals. We do not use LabVIEW, so we have not tried controlling any of our motor drivers with it, but if LabVIEW can generate PWM signals, it should be possible to control the VNH5019 with it.

-Claire

Hi,
I have a similar problem to this topic. I am trying to use VNH5019 dual motor shield with Labview. However, the C++ library provided for VNH5019 cannot be imported into labview (or at least it isn’t within my knowledge or the time of the project). So I was wondering if there is any way that I could bypass the library and control the motor directly using Arduino functions such as AnalogueWrite(). I am only trying to control the speed of motor using an 8-bit value in one direction. So I have the following code which doesn’t output any voltage on M1A and M1B ports on the shield. I am using a 12V power supply attached to the shield.

int motorpwm = 9;      // Motor connected to digital pin 9

void setup()
{
  pinMode(motorpwm, OUTPUT); 
}

void loop()
{
  analogWrite(motorpwm, 100); 
}

Hello.

You should be able to interface with the motor shield through Arduino functions without the library. The library might still make a good reference, as well as the user’s guide. At a minimum, it looks like your program also needs to drive the INA and INB pins appropriately. If you continue to have problems, you might post a picture of your setup showing all your connections.

Grant