Pololu Dual G2

Apologies if there is an obvious answer, but nothing happens when I power up my Dual G2, 24-14. I’ve tried running the sample code etc, but the driver never draws any amps and the LED does not turn. Am I missing something obvious or is there something wrong with my setup?

Hello.

Just to confirm, have any of the LEDs on the board ever turned on, including the blue power LED? Can you post some pictures that show the soldered connections on the bottom side of your board?

- Patrick

No, no LEDs on the board have ever turned on (was my first day trying it yesterday), and never had any signs of life.

Yeah bottom of the board attached.

It looks like most of your connections either are not soldered at all, or the solder joint is not wetting fully to the pad. Well soldered connections are required for your board to work correctly; attempting to operate it without good connections can cause all kinds of problems including potentially damaging voltage spikes. Can you solder/rework all of your connections and try testing your board again? All of the joints should resemble the examples shown in the Adafruit Guide to Excellent Soldering (which is a great resource if you are relatively new to soldering).

If you continue having trouble after you think the connections are good, please post updated pictures.

- Patrick