Pololu 12

DFplayer Mini MP3 Player Module For Arduino UNO Module Music Audio Voice Board how would this be wired to pololu board to generate sound as servos move

We do not carry that audio device or have any specific guides or resources for using that module; if you can link to a datasheet or user’s guide for your DFplayer module, we might be able to give you some advice. Additionally, can you confirm that you are referring to the 12-channel Mini Maestro in your post’s title?

Brandon

So you explain to me what I need how to do it without spending a fortune and how to wire it

I am not sure what you mean by that reply, but as I said in my previous post, if you can link me to a datasheet or some information about the module you have and how it works, I can take a look.

Brandon

Thank you for the information. It looks like that board can accept serial commands, so if you are using a Mini Maestro, you can send it commands from a script using the SERIAL_SEND_BYTE command. Note that this command is not available on the 6-channel Micro Maestro. If you are planning on using the serial interface, you would connect the TX pin from the Maestro to the RX pin on the DFplayer, the RX pin on the Maestro to the TX pin on the DFplayer, and a ground connection between the two.

Alternatively, it looks like the IO1 and IO2 pins on the DFplayer are intended to be used with buttons to either play the next/previous (with a short press) or increase/decrease volume (with a long press). So, you could probably configure 2 channels on your Maestro as outputs, then connect them to IO1 and IO2 and use them to emulate button presses. Note that in this configuration you would still need a common ground connection between the two boards.

Brandon