One Motor Controller Pushing Zero Current

Hi there,

I have two Jrk G2 24v21 motor controllers and one appears to have quietly stopped working, with no errors or visible damage. They both worked until today.

• They each drive a Gobilda 5202 Series Yellow Jacket Motor (SKU: 5202-0002-0001).
  • The controllers are powered in parallel by a single Bioennopower 12V battery (SKU: BLF-1212A).
  • They’re connected by USB cables to a Windows laptop (tested new cables).

Both controllers are still recognized by the Jrk G2 Configuration Utility but the upset controller doesn’t show any current or turn the motor when a target is set. I’ve tested both controllers with both motors: both motors turn and show current draw when connected to the working controller, which shows VIN of 13.3 V.

Both controllers do nothing and show 0 mA current when connected to the upset controller, regardless of where the target is set, and this controller reports VIN of 12.8 V. Not sure if 0.5 V difference is relevant but just noticed the difference.

I’ve checked the wiring and the connections seem good (famous last words).

Working Controller:

Upset Controller:

Do you have any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Cheers

Hello.

Could you post some pictures of your setup that show all of your connections as well as some close-up pictures of both sides of the problematic board? Also, could you post a copy of the Jrk settings file from each controller, clearly indicating which ones came from which controller? You can save a copy of the settings file from the “File” drop-down menu of the Jrk G2 Configuration Utility while the particular controller is connected.

Brandon