Need help with science project parts

I have a science project for my class and I am having trouble of what I need to purchase to create my project. I hope you guys can help me.

I need a motor that spins at max 20rpm and can handle anywhere from 100 grams to 2lbs. I would like to control the motor speed also and be able to change directions on it.

I would also like to connect this to a rechargable battery. I would like to recharge the unit by simply plugging it to a USB port and not have to disconnect the battery at all. Simple as plugging this motor in to charge like an cell phone.

If you can guide me with web links on what to purchase, it’ll be greatly helpful!!

I hope to hear from you soon!

-Derek M.

What does that mean? Make a diagram of what you want the motor to do with “2 lbs”.

I want the motor to be able to hold a weight of up to 2lbs, and still be able to rotate.

Hello.

If you post your torque requirements, we might be able to give you more specific advice for a gearmotor. The torque requirements can be calculated from the specifics of your setup. You might find this bog post about force and torque helpful in determining what your torque requirements are.

Grant