My "Micro Maestro" does not start

Hello, I just got a Micro MAestro plate, connected to the USB Yesterday, lit a few LEDs, and testing the control center, I gave update, but then my computer went out.

Then, my motherboard does not light, or by USB or by external power,

¿I can get it back?

It also recognizes other computers, or if changing the USB cable,

Thank you.

Antonio

Hello, Antonio.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Micro Maestro. Unfortunately, I am not sure I understand your description of what went wrong. Can you try to rephrase or explain what you mean by “I gave update, but then my computer went out”? Are you saying that the Maestro is now unresponsive?

Also, when you say “It also recognizes other computers, or if changing the USB cable”, it makes it sound like the Maestro does work when you try a different computer or cable. Did you mean it does not work even when you try those?

- Kevin

Hi
Sorry for my English,
my computer went out, while updating the micro maestro.
Now will not start, I tried with external power, with different USB cable, different computers … and will not start.

thanks
Antonio

Hello, Antonio.

It sounds like you were trying to upgrade the firmware on your Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller, but your computer stopped functioning during the firmware upgrade. This will result in incomplete, invalid firmware on the Maestro, preventing it from functioning.

To fix this, you can force the Maestro into bootloader mode and try the firmware update again. Here is an image showing the bootloader contacts on the Maestro:

With the Maestro unplugged, use a small screwdriver or a small piece of wire to short these two contacts together, being careful not to touch anything else on the board. While the contacts are shorted, plug the Maestro into USB. I find that the easiest way to do this is to have a friend plug in the computer side of the cable while I hold the screwdriver in place. This might take a few tries. When it works, the device will connect to the computer and the green LED will begin to double-blink, meaning that the Maestro is in bootloader mode. You can stop shorting the contacts together and then follow the instructions in the “Upgrading Firmware” section of the Maestro User’s Guide to reload the firmware onto your Maestro.

–David

In Spain it is said,! Olee.

Thank you very much, Resolved.
Congratulations on the product.
A greeting from Spain.

Antonio