Motor Driver Error of jrk g2 21v3

Hi,

I just try to configure and test the motor i.e., linear actuator. So, I followed the instructions in the guide section 4.3. “Configuring and testing the motor”. However, there is always Motor Driver Error when it is running in the target other than 2048 (blinking between error and “motor is accelerating” when in coast mode under when motor is off, only motor driver error while in brake mode).

I am sharing the relevant information of the battery, motor and the configuration utility pages.

If you can help, I would be appreciated.

And further screenshots.

Hello.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your Jrk G2 21v3. Could you clarify what the device is that’s between your battery and the driver (it looks like it might be some kind of power switch, but I can’t tell for sure from the picture)?

If you try doing the same thing with the motor disconnected, does the Jrk still report any errors? Also, could you send me close-up pictures of the underside of your Jrk G2 21v3 board?

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your message.

The device is Glideforce GF23-120504-3-65 High-Speed LD Linear Actuator with Feedback: 12kgf, 4" Stroke (3.9" Usable), 3.3"/s, 12V.
This is the link for it: Pololu - Glideforce GF23-120504-3-65 High-Speed LD Linear Actuator with Feedback: 12kgf, 4" Stroke (3.9" Usable), 3.3"/s, 12V

When I disconnected the motor, the same error continuing, ie., blinking between “motor driver error” and “motor is accelerating” when in coast mode.

And here pictures of the both sides of the jrk board:

ESra.

Thank you for the additional information and pictures.

You might double check the motor output pins and power pins on the board for shorts. However, if the Jrk is still giving a motor driver error when it is only connected to power and USB, then it is likely damaged. Did it ever work normally for you? Also, if you haven’t already, you might try testing your actuator separately by driving it directly from your battery.

If you want to try again with a new unit, please email us with a reference to this thread and your order information, and we will look into how we might be able to help you out.

Brandon

Thank you again Brandon for your helps.
It seems that motor driver on the chip is broken.
Best,