Mini Maestro 12 to arduino nano with bluetooth HC05 Bluetooth Module

Good day. I have following components. Mini maestro 12, arduino nano and HC05 Bluetooth module. I create a sequence and name of sequence is forward this is in pololu maestro windows application. So what i like to get is, use an android app that connects to bluetooth and send that sequence to arduino to move a servo forward. Is this possible. The HC05 bluetooth use RX to TX and TX to RX wired to nano. Then i use pin 11 and pin 10 of the nano to pololu maestro tx and rx. I don’t know how to program this in Arduino IDE and upload the code. Please help

Hello, gerhardnell.

You can find a complete list of serial commands in the “Serial Servo Commands” and “Serial Script Commands” sections of the Maestro user’s guide. Additionally, we have an Arduino library for the Maestro servo controllers that you might consider using to make the communication easier.

Please note that there are no serial commands for controlling a sequence made in the “Sequence” tab of the Maestro Control Center. You would need to convert your sequence into a script to run it from a serial command.

If you are unfamiliar with the Maestro scripting language, you can use the “Copy All Sequences to Script” button in the “Sequence” tab to get you started. This will convert your current sequence into a subroutine in the “Script” tab. However, please note that you will need to modify the subroutine slightly since the subroutine generated will end in a “RETURN” command (which will result in an error when called from the “Restart Script at Subroutine” serial command). If you want the sequence to only run through once each time it is called, you can change the “RETURN” command at the end of the subroutine into a “QUIT” command.

By the way, it sounds like you are only using the Arduino as some intermediate device between the Bluetooth and the Maestro. If the Arduino does not have any other purpose in your system, you might consider having the Bluetooth module directly send the serial commands to the Maestro.

Brandon

hi i am using following Q1 mini link https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2311678 . Like you say that i can connect bluetooth direct to pololu mini 12 servo. How do i do the code? i have checked how it works via bluetooth but don’t understand it. I have program app on samsung Bluetooth RC Controller link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=braulio.calle.bluetoothRCcontroller&hl=en . So it use send commands like F-Forward B-back etc. So if i have sequence like to legs forward how do i do the code. Thank you for the reply.

As I mentioned in my previous post, you will probably want to set up your sequences in a script as subroutines and use the “Restart Script at Subroutine” serial command to call them. You might find the “Sequencing the Hexapod Gait” section of our Simple Hexapod Walker example project helpful for getting an idea of what all this entails.

However, I recommend focusing on getting one portion of the system working before implementing the other. The Maestro cannot process the kinds of commands you described; you will need to send it the appropriate bytes (detailed in the “Serial Script Commands” section of the user’s guide I linked to above). Being able to send the appropriate commands at the desired times is likely very important for getting a project like yours working, so that is probably a good place to start. We cannot help you develop applications for Android; however, you should be able to find tutorials on the Internet on how to develop an Android application to communicate with a Bluetooth serial device.

Once you are able to reliably send the desired serial data over Bluetooth, then you can start incorporating the Maestro.

Brandon