Mechanical issue - how to mount 18v7

I’m working with my backup 18v7 now.
I need to mount it; but there are only 3 mounting holes, and they’re tiny, about 2.2mm.
I sorted through my jar of tiny screws (salvaged from hard drives etc) and did find what I guess are M2 screws, since they’re the only ones small enough to fit thru the holes. But they’re pretty short. And I don’t have a matching tap, I’m hoping to drill a 1.6mm hole into some plastic and hope they self-tap. I feel I must be I missing something.

How do people mount these boards in their applications ?

Doesn’t lack of support near the screw terminal cause problems ?
Is there a plastic clip small enough to mount these ? The smallest I can find so far are to suit a 2.5 hole, and it would cost me $60 (http://australia.rs-online.com/web/c/pcb-prototyping/pcb-spacers-pillars-supports/pcb-support-pillars/?sort-by=default&sort-order=default&applied-dimensions=4294756064&lastAttributeSelectedBlock=4294958443) to try them

Hello.

The SMC mounting holes are intended for #2 or M2 screws, and people will often use those in conjuction with standoffs or spacers to mount the motor controllers (screw goes through the mounting hole, through a spacer, through a corresponding hole in your main chassis/housing, and is then tightened with a nut), though you could probably just use something as simple as double-sided tape. These boards are not heavy and should not be subject to strong mechanical forces, so three mounting holes should be more than sufficient in terms of support.

-Jon

thanks for the reply. I ended up using M2 screws, normally I don’t go any smaller than M3, it gets very fiddly/hard to handle.