MC33926 Troubles: PWM logic?

Wiring up the MC33926 motor carrier (pololu.com/product/1212/) for the first time, and I have some unexpected behavior.

Using Parallax Propeller for logic control. 75:1 25mm Pololu gear motor (low power).

Using the following connections on the logic side (direct connections to GND and Vdd to simplify matters):

Vin: NC
GND: GND
Vdd: 3.3V
IN2: 3.3V
IN1: GND
D2: 8kHz PWM signal from Propeller
D1: GND
SF: NC
FB: NC
EN: 3.3V
SLEW: NC
INV: NC

On the power side:

Vin: 6xNIMH cell, well-charged (7.8V)
GND: GND
OUT1,2: motor connections

Here are the symptoms: if I set the PWM duty cycle to 100% (or simply connect the pin to 3.3V), the motor spins fine. If I lower the duty cycle to 75%, it slows as expected. If, however, I set the duty cycle to 50%, the motor stops completely. Checking with the oscilloscope, I get the following:

OUT1 follows IN1 as expected: IN1 HIGH => OUT1 HIGH and IN1 LOW => OUT1 LOW

OUT2 typically does the opposite of OUT1, but if they’re both in high impedance, this shouldn’t be a problem.

If I lower the PWM frequency to 800Hz, the motor runs better (all the way down to 10% duty cycle). Hooking up the SLEW to 3.3V doesn’t seem to help much (the motor turns a little faster, and you can see the faster rise time on the oscilloscope, but it still doesn’t run under 50% duty cycle).

I tried a desktop power supply with no improvement.

Hello.

Can you remove the gearmotor from your setup and control it with your desktop power supply? At what voltage does it start turning? What kind of load do you have on your motor? Can you post oscilloscope captures of the voltages on D2, OUT1, and OUT2?

-Jon