MAX14870 Single + Arduino = problem

Hello all, I am stumped by a simple Arduino sketch and I think my trouble is in the driver. I am running a 24v dc motor with a MAX14870 single and an Arduino Uno. I have +24v connected to the VIN pin and ground pin, motor leads connected to M1 & M2 pins, common ground with arduino, D8 (arduino output) connected to PWM pin, D9 (arduino output) connected to DIR pin. I am getting +5v to the PWM pin and 0v to the DIR when the arduino is calling for motor to run, and +5v to the PWM pin and +5v to the DIR, when arduino is calling for the motor to run opposite.

What am I missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello.

Can you post some pictures of your test setup and information about your power supply and motor? Can you try testing your driver without a motor connected and monitor the output with an oscilloscope or multimeter?

Since you also emailed, I was able to find your order information and noticed that you ordered two MAX14870 single driver carriers and a dual MAX14870 sheild. Have you only tested one board so far, or have you tried the others?

By the way, pin 8 on the Arduino Uno is not a PWM pin, so you will not be able to control the speed of the motor using that pin. You will only be able to turn it on and off.

- Patrick