Magnetic encoders for micro-motor, 3d printed housing

Hello All,

I just got a pair of the magnetic encoders, and I want to fit this, in a 3d printed housing, maybe 2 of them, and I want to do it in such a way, the motor with encoder assembly should have a connector directly looking to the top. (90 degree connector) - so I can remove motor, without doing and soldering. I want a lego-like fit for the motor assembly.

Unfortunately I have found out the pin out for this part will not match the regular 2.54 connector.

Is there a matching 90 degree connector pair for this encoder disk? or is there a name for this kind of connector?

Best Regards,
C.B.

Hello, C.B.

The pins on the magnetic encoder boards have a 0.2mm pitch, so if you want to get a connector that works with the encoder boards, it should also have a 0.2mm pitch. We do not have any specific recommendations for a connector that would work, but you might find some on places like Mouser or DigiKey.

-Jon

Hello,

Are you sure they are called 0.2mm pitch? Should not it be 2mm pitch as the centers of the holes are looking like 2mm apart.

Best Regards,
C.B.

Sorry; I made a mistake in my post. Like we mention on the magnetic encoder product page, the pitch is 2mm.

-Jon