Maestro In Combination

Maestro Combination.pdf (91.3 KB)

Dear all,

As attached, you may find 3 Maestros connected in serial network with 1 Host PC. I have done using 2 Maestros each connected to a Host PC, but some channel with direct data connection via Host PC having delayed responce to long.

With attached file, I hope this will eliminate the delayed for a bit faster. This important channels with important (fast response require) data transfer marked as (F) as sender and (F’) as receiver (output).

Beside that (F) marked, I need confirmation for all question marked from A to H (Except G) that I can use the network properly.

BTW, for question (C). When I send command from PC with compact protocol (132, 7, 112, 46), this will affecting Maestro 1&2 @ both channel 7 right?

Hello,

Are you saying that you want to use scripts, serial commands from a PC, and scripts sending serial commands? That is not going to work very well, because the script might try to send bytes while the Maestro is responding to a command from the PC. In general, I do not expect scripts to be a good idea if you are also doing PC control.

Can you give us some more detail about what delays are causing problems for you? One way to speed it up would be to use USB Dual Port instead of USB Chained so that you can have two independent ports on which to send commands. Yes, the command you specified will affect both Maestros 1 & 2 on channel 7.

If you have other questions, can you simplify them to make them more about the operation of the Maestro than about the design of your entire system?

-Paul

Hello Paul, long time no see.

Yes, I am using serial script from PC and also serial_send_byte command cyclically.
I want to simplify my question but I need you to understand my needs on all channel, anyway here are some details:

The main Idea, I am going to connect my USB device (Joystick) to control Maestros in two location via PC (Due to calculation related to software operation and wireless for one Maestro).

My first design using 2 Mini Maestro 24 Channel as a Pan/Tilt application control (and any other application), 1st Maestro as a Command from Analog input connected to PC via USB then calculated with software environment before sending it to 2nd Maestro as servo control (also via USB). This application works with Delphi programming but the servo moves like a steps, I assume this happened 'cause of data transceiver speed to slow (at least 2 times then it’s baud rate, its sensing and action)

BTW, How big difference if I use “Set Multiple Targets” than “Single” :question:

Thanks for the reply.

Hello,

It sounds like you do not only need to simplify your question - you should also simplify your system to figure out what is causing your speed problem. It should be trivial for you to remove the wireless transceiver and see whether that is slowing it down, right? My guess would be that if you see something moving in steps, you just do not have a good connection.

The set multiple targets command will allow you to send fewer bytes to set a bunch of servo targets. You know what the bytes are, so you should be able to calculate the exact difference in timing in your application.

-Paul

I have test the system without wireless module, it was direct connection to PC via USB connection. And yes, it moves faster but still having steps.

I am going to use the set multiple targets script on PC, hope it will move faster due to lots of data byte flow on the nets.

I’ll update as soon as possible, thanks Paul.