Maestro controller system driver to install on Ubuntu 20.0

Hello guys.

Updated:
the Errors were fixed by running : sudo apt-get install libmono-system-windows-forms4.0-cil

now I can run turn on the Maestro Control Center on Ubuntu,

but another error occured:
" Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module” "

"there was an error while starting up. Error connecting to the device to get serial number (9 of 21, 5578ac8001d0), Access denied. "

Screenshot from 2020-09-29 15-32-26

I am using Maestro Servo linux-150116.tar.gz] Controller Linux Software to run the Maestro Control Center on Ubuntu 20.0.

I followed the instructions from the Readme.txt, the steps looks like this:
since the ‘libmono-winforms2.0-cil’ is not available, I installed ‘libmono-winforms4.5-cil’,
~ sudo apt-get install libmono-accessibility4.0-cil** , then, **~ sudo udevadm control --reload-rules,
then run the controller,
:~/Downloads/maestro-linux$ ./MaestroControlCenter
WARNING: The runtime version supported by this application is unavailable.
Using default runtime: v4.0.30319

Unhandled Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’ or one of its dependencies.
File name: ‘System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’ or one of its dependencies.
File name: ‘System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’
there is a Error, and the controller pannel didn’t show up.

the error/user LED on board is in Red

anyone has clue about this?

thank you in advance.

– Lisheng

Hello, Lisheng.

Did you copy 99-pololu.rules to /etc/udev/rules.d/ and replug the Maestro into your computer afterwards? Copying that file grant permission for all users to use Pololu USB devices, and it looks like you are getting an access denied error when trying to connect to the Maestro through its software.

- Amanda

Thank you Amanda.

after copying the rules to the folder, the controller center can be started in Ubuntu.

I’m testing the board on Ubuntu 20.0. and I have new problems when using it.

1, the board can be controlled bu the polulo controller center. but the code from Serial_example_code_cross_platform_5h1.c didn’t work on the board.
2, the command port can be opened, but the output from the signal I/O port didn’t change (kept staying 0V)
3, I test the code on ROS within a Publisher and Subscriber nodes.

anyone have clues about this?

thank you in advance.

It is not clear to me what you mean by the Command Port being opened, but can you confirm that you set the Maestro’s serial mode to “USB Dual Port” as stated in the “Cross-platform C” section of the Maestro’s user’s guide?

- Amanda