Low-Voltage Dual Serial Motor Controller

Hi All,

I have been using the Low-Voltage Dual Serial Motor Controller for a couple weeks without any problems. After making a minor change to my circuit, I managed to release quite a large amount of magic smoke, and I’m trying to work out if I have damaged the controller :blush:

I’m not able to find a schematic for the motor controller, but was wondering if the VMOT and GND should show continuity when tested with a multi-meter? I’m guessing they shouldnt but just want to double check, as I dont want to plug anything back in and cause more problems.

Thanks in advance,

John.

Hello, John.

I’m sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your motor controller. VMOT and GND should definitely not be shorted together. Unfortunately, it sounds like you’ve broken your motor controller. If you connect your battery between VMOT and GND, you will be effectively shorting the battery terminals, which can cause fires.

- Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the reply, I was pretty sure that VMOT and GND shoudlnt have been connectted, but just wanted to double check. Oh well, I’ll just have to order another one.

John.