Looking to activate analog input on Pololu Simple Motor Cont

Hi,

I’ve read through the manuals and cannot see what needs to be done to go from this status

Channel Unlimited Raw Scaled
RC 1 N/A N/A N/A
RC 2 N/A N/A N/A
Analog 1 N/A N/A N/A
Analog 2 N/A N/A N/A

to something more useful. I have a photodiode and receiver pair hooked up to the A1 channel. I assumed that toggling power would be the only necessary step.
Thanks for your help.

Getting a little closer.

I saved a configuration file and it has this:

None
Floating
false

Do I change Alternate Use? to what?..

OK, got it.

It appears the only way to do this is by using the Pololu Simple Motor Control Center to set up the parameters and then save the configuration file for loading. I did not do this at first because the SmcCenter does not work on my ODROID-XU4 with Ubuntu 14.04. I had to set this up on a Windows box where the SmcCenter does work and copy the file over.

Here is the Analog1 section now:

LimitForward
Floating
false

I get why you don’t want to write up all of the software sausage making that goes on underneath.

Hello.

I am glad you figured out how to get your ODROID-XU4 working with the Simple Motor Controller (SMC); thank you for letting us know.

You mentioned not being able to get the Simple Motor Control Center to work on your ODROID-XU4 running Ubuntu 14.04. We do not support running the SmcCenter on ARM-based CPUs (like the Raspberry Pi and your ODRIOD-XU4). For more details, you can look under the “Supported Operating Systems” in the Simple Motor Controller User’s Guide.

By the way, in case you are not already aware, you can configure the SMC’s setting file using the SmcCmd (the command-line utility that comes with the Simple Motor Controller software).

- Amanda