Linear motion application

I am in need of putting together a temporary system. to make a cycling linear motion adjustable to position and then set to cycle at a set distance. looking at a few of your models but hoping for a package set up to do the above. Using the heavier duty set up.

I moved your post to the “Motor controllers/drivers and motors” section of the forum since it seems more appropriate.

You could set up a system like that using one of our linear actuators with feedback and a Jrk G2 motor driver. While you can control the Jrk in real-time using the Jrk G2 Configuration Utility, to make it continuously cycle between positions, you will need to set up some kind of autonomous control input. For example, you could write your own program to update the target position through USB. Alternatively, you program a separate microcontroller such as one of our Arduino-compatible A-Star controllers to send commands using the boards I2C or TTL Serial interface.

You can find information about configuring the Jrk controller and setting it up for various interfaces in the Jrk G2 user’s guide.

Brandon