Jrk G2 - Limit Speed in Position Control mode

I am designing a system and I would like to use a jrk G2 18v19 with a DC brushed motor and analog, potentiometer position feedback. Ultimately, I want to specify a position target, but I need the system to move with a particular maximum speed. I would like to set a speed limit in the controller rather than providing a speed limited position command in real-time so that I can offload that to the jrk G2 controller. Is this possible?

Hello.

The Jrk cannot do closed-loop speed control while doing closed-loop position control, but you can adjust the max duty cycle forward and max duty cycle reverse settings to cap the maximum speed that the motor can reach while doing closed-loop position control. You can find more information about these settings in the “Setting reference” section of the Jrk G2 user’s guide.

Brandon

Hi BrandonM,

Thank you for your quick response. Capping the duty cycle would also limit the torque that the motors would be able to generate in response to load so I don’t think that this will work for me. I have decided to go with the RoboClaw controller instead, Basic Micro has them available on their website and they have a wide array of command modes that allow for specifying various combinations of speed, acceleration, deceleration, distance/position, and duty cycle.

Take care,
Tim