Jrk 12v12....Motor drive error

Hello Guys…

I am Chetan, and right now I am building a 2 DOF racing motion seat simulator. And I am using X-sim software, two JRK 12 v 12 Pololu microcontrollers and two potentiometers for the feedback.
And I did all the necessary connections and configurations according to the links on the website…
Pololu and X-sim quick guide…

But now I am facing few problems…

As soon as I start the game, the Motors starts responding, but after 10 to 20 seconds the microcontrollers gets heated up and stops with the error “Motor drive error”. If I clear the Errors and start again, the same thing happens.
I am stuck and don’t know what to do ahead, So guys please help me out.

The Motor drive error is " Enabled and latched ". So I hope the microcontroller is not damaged.
And also I will send the specifications of the Motor…

Hello.

It sounds like your motor driver is encountering an over-temperature condition. Unfortunately, this is a strong indicator that your motor is generally overpowered for the jrk 12v12. This is also evident in the specifications listed in the table you uploaded; the jrk 12v12 can only handle 12A continuously, and the nominal current draw of your motor is 23A.

-Jon

Hello Jon,

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes as you said I realized it later, and found that it’s because of the high current that motor needs.
So now I have already ordered for the other Pololu motor controller…18v25…

I hope this works…
Thank you so much for the quick reply…I really appreciate it…
If you have any other suggestions or improvements…please let me know…So that I can improve my project…:slight_smile: