JRK 12v12 Always on at power on

Hello,

I have a 12v12 that i alwas have to set " motor on " to use it.
Can ik get it to go to Always on when i put on te usb connector?

Greetz Eric.

Hello, Eric.

It is difficult to answer your question without knowing more about your setup and how your jrk is configured. How are you using your jrk? What input mode are you using? Do you have feedback? If so, what feedback mode are you using? It would help if you post the settings file of your jrk. To generate this, you can open up the Jrk Configuration Utility, click File >> Save Settings file…

-Jon

Hi Jon,

I am in The Netherlands, so my Englisch is not very good.

I can copy/past the data from the saved file of one of my JRK’s. I am using the JRK for a race sim whith feedback.

INITIALIZED 0
INPUT_MODE SERIAL
INPUT_MINIMUM 0
INPUT_MAXIMUM 4095
OUTPUT_MINIMUM 0
OUTPUT_NEUTRAL 1957
OUTPUT_MAXIMUM 4095
INPUT_INVERT 0
INPUT_SCALING_DEGREE 0
INPUT_POWER_WITH_AUX 0
INPUT_ANALOG_SAMPLES_EXPONENT 5
INPUT_DISCONNECT_MINIMUM 0
INPUT_DISCONNECT_MAXIMUM 4095
INPUT_NEUTRAL_MAXIMUM 1911
INPUT_NEUTRAL_MINIMUM 2045
SERIAL_MODE USB_DUAL_PORT
SERIAL_FIXED_BAUD_RATE 9600
SERIAL_TIMEOUT 0
SERIAL_ENABLE_CRC 0
SERIAL_NEVER_SUSPEND 1
SERIAL_DEVICE_NUMBER 11
FEEDBACK_MODE ANALOG
FEEDBACK_MINIMUM 568
FEEDBACK_MAXIMUM 1517
FEEDBACK_INVERT 0
FEEDBACK_POWER_WITH_AUX 0
FEEDBACK_DEAD_ZONE 0
FEEDBACK_ANALOG_SAMPLES_EXPONENT 7
FEEDBACK_DISCONNECT_MINIMUM 284
FEEDBACK_DISCONNECT_MAXIMUM 2806
PROPORTIONAL_MULTIPLIER 799
PROPORTIONAL_EXPONENT 11
INTEGRAL_MULTIPLIER 0
INTEGRAL_EXPONENT 0
DERIVATIVE_MULTIPLIER 1
DERIVATIVE_EXPONENT 1
PID_PERIOD 20
PID_INTEGRAL_LIMIT 2000
PID_RESET_INTEGRAL 0
MOTOR_PWM_FREQUENCY 0
MOTOR_INVERT 0
MOTOR_MAX_DUTY_CYCLE_WHILE_FEEDBACK_OUT_OF_RANGE 600
MOTOR_MAX_ACCELERATION_FORWARD 600
MOTOR_MAX_ACCELERATION_REVERSE 600
MOTOR_MAX_DUTY_CYCLE_FORWARD 600
MOTOR_MAX_DUTY_CYCLE_REVERSE 600
MOTOR_MAX_CURRENT_FORWARD 86
MOTOR_MAX_CURRENT_REVERSE 86
MOTOR_CURRENT_CALIBRATION_FORWARD 149
MOTOR_CURRENT_CALIBRATION_REVERSE 149
MOTOR_BRAKE_DURATION_FORWARD 0
MOTOR_BRAKE_DURATION_REVERSE 0
MOTOR_COAST_WHEN_OFF 1
ERROR_ENABLE 0
ERROR_LATCH 0
I thought it was a simple thing to set in always on at power up mode or something…
I hope you can help me, it is not wishful to have to set the JRK on with the configuration utility.

I hope you can help me set this up.

Eric.

Thank you for sending that information. Can you get the jrk into a problematic state, look at the Errors tab of the Jrk Configuration Utility, and send a screenshot so I can see exactly what errors are happening? What race simulation software are you using?

-Jon

There are no errors…if i want to use the jrk i first have to set it run motor to use it in sim tools. I now want it to be configured to always on so that i dont have to put it to run motor before i can use the jrk.

Eric.

Whenever the jrk is in Serial Input mode and powered on, it throws an Awaiting Command error (and there is no way to disable that error bit from being set). Clicking the Run Motor button in the Jrk Configuration Utility is one way to clear that Awaiting Command error. When I asked for screenshots, I wanted to check to see if your system was generating any other errors.

I am not sure why your system is not working or why the Run Motor button would help it to work. When you click “Run Motor”, do you notice anything change in the Status or Errors tab? Are you sure there are no errors shown in the Errors tab? A screenshot of the Errors tab when the system is not working might help us tell what is happening.

Also, you might consider contacting the creator of the race simulation software.

-Jon