Is the #3134 Driver good for the #2267 Stepper Motor?

Is the #3134 DRV8834 Low-Voltage Stepper Motor Driver Carrier good for the #2267 Stepper Motor? Or should I get a different model?

Hello.

The #3134 DRV8834 carrier would be able to drive that motor. However, if you used a driver that allowed you to use a higher operating voltage, such as the MP6500, TB67S249­FTG, or DRV8825 carrier, you would be able to achieve higher step rates.

Please note that none of those options (including the DRV8834) can handle the current per phase of 1.7A that the motor is rated for continuously without additional cooling. If you want one that can, you might consider some of our stepper motor driver boards in a larger form factor:

However, please note that along with their larger footprint, the AMIS-30543 and High-Power Stepper Motor Driver 36v4 also require configuration through an SPI interface before they can be used on each startup.

Brandon

Thank you, I appreciate it.

This is for a rack-and-pinion systems for a 3D printer, so I think it should be fine. It doesn’t have to be particularly fast or strong.

Also, I already ordered them and they already arrived (you folks are quick!) Cheers! :slight_smile:

2 Likes