Interface with CC2500

can 3pi interface with CC2500 module

i just want to get info not transmit it

Hello,

I do not think anybody will be able to answer that unless you tell us exactly which module you are using and provide a link to the datasheet.

-Paul

robosoftsystems.co.in/blog/?cat=6

here you will get all the information on setting up that module,
i think you wont need data sheet

here is specific link
robosoftsystems.co.in/blog/?p=433
robosoftsystems.co.in/blog/?p=430

Okay, I don’t know why you did not want to link me to the product page, but I found it anyway. If I understand it correctly, this is a wireless RS-232 module. RS-232 uses different (higher) voltage levels than the TTL signals that the 3pi can accept. You can convert them (google RS-232 to TTL converter circuit) or use the instructions at the first link you posted to get at the TTL pins on the actual board. I have no idea whether the latter method is safe to do with bidirectional communication, but if you only need the TX pin, and you have good soldering skills, it should be pretty safe, since TX will be connected to an input pin (PD0) on your 3pi.

You can use the Orangutan Serial Port Communication Functions in the Pololu AVR Library to do the serial receive. I would suggest starting with the example on that page, without making any changes, and see if you can get it to work.

Is that enough to get you started? Good luck!

-Paul

thanks man
i thought it is a popular module like xbee and you should be familier with it.

No matter how popular a product is, you really have to tell people its name if you want them to know what you are talking about. Xbee is definitely popular, but if you just called the Xbee an “802.15.4 module”, we would have no idea which module you were talking about.

-Paul

Thank you Paul for your help, But the thing is we will be using the 3pi to receive packets transmitted from the a transmitter using the same CC2500 transceiver module at 2.4 Ghz. I just want to know paul how how i connect the module to the 3pi? http://thinklabs.in/shop/product_info.php?cPath=67&products_id=185
Please paul help me out, Will be waiting for your reply,The problem statement of what we have to do is herehttp://www.roboliga.com/about-roboliga10/problem-statements/final

Hello,

Are you a different person from karandex? I am a little confused by the way you are entering this conversation.

Anyway, I answered the question already by saying that “you should use the instructions at the first link [karandex] posted.” If you have a more specific question, you can ask it.

-Paul

By the way, I just noticed that the link you posted is to a totally different product than what karandex is using. If you want help with that one instead you need to be clear about it.

-Paul

we are entering in same compition and be using same module but i find the description on other site he found different product page but we are talking about same product

Since you two have found pages for different products, you should clarify which product you want help with. Please post the name of the product and the manufacturer.

-Paul

both are same

preferably mine

Hello,

This module and this module are different. In both this topic and an earlier one, you have both been extremely careless about identifying which product you are using, which makes it sound like you are not serious about getting it to work. Do you actually have one of these two products? Why can’t either of you communicate clearly which one you have?

-Paul