How to connect multiple stepper motors?

Hi, I want to make a project with 3 stepper motors for that I want to know how to connect them with DRV8825 to make them run, I had made this schematical, but I don’t know if it’s correct or no.

2- In my project the motors run 1 minutes and they stop for many hours, I want to turn them off by the DRV8825 but I don’t know which pin I need to connect with arduino SLEEP or ENABLE?

Hi.

Your schematic looks fine, assuming that you are currently controlling the SLEEP pin and not the ENABLE pin. Section 8.3.6 of the DRV8825 datasheet, which you can find on the resources tab of our carrier’s product page, describes the differences between using the SLEEP and ENABLE pins. The general difference is that the SLEEP pin shuts down more of the driver, so it draws slightly less power, but it also loses track of what microstep it was on and it takes longer for the driver to be fully operational again.

-Claire

Is it possible to explain more , which pin i need to use ENB or SLP to shutdown my motors .
NB :
- The motors run about 2 minutes and they stop for many hours
- I use full step mode

Both the SLEEP and ENABLE pins will disable the motors, so which one you use is up to you. As I pointed out in my last post, there is a description of how each of those pins affects the driver in its datasheet. If you have a specific question about the function of either of those pins. I would be happy to help.

-Claire