Help programming VNH5019 to Arduino

Hey ive ordered my parts for my balancing bot, and ive written my initial code to get the motors working, ive posted the code below, not sure if it will work so any help is appreciated to help me get the motors running. Since i dont have my motors or driver yet im not sure if the code works since ive never worked with the library, so if anyone that has used it can check my code and give me any feedback it would help.

thanks

#include <DualVNH5019MotorShield.h>

//Pin Map
int MINA1 = 2;         // Motor 1 direction input A
int MINB1 = 4;         // Motor 1 direction input B
int M1ENDIAG1 = 6;     // Motor 1 enable input/fault output
int M1CS = A0;         // Motor 1 current sense output
int MINA2 = 7;         // Motor 2 direction input A
int MINB2 = 8;         // Motor 2 direction input B
int M2ENDIAG2 = A2;
int M2CS = A1;

void setup()
{ 
  pinMode(MINA1, OUTPUT);    // Motor 1 forward 
  pinMode(MINB1, OUTPUT);    // Motor 1 reverse
  pinMode(MINA2, OUTPUT);    // Motor 2 forward
  pinMode(MINB2, OUTPUT);    // Motor 2 reverse 
}

void loop()
{
  delay(4000);
  for(int speedvalue = 0 ; speedvalue <= 255; speedvalue +=10) {
    analogWrite(MINA1, speedvalue);                                    // Motor 1 and 2 forward from zero to full speed at +10 increments
    analogWrite(MINA2, speedvalue);
    delay(6000);

for(int speedvalue = 255 ; speedvalue >= 0; speedvalue -=10) {
    analogWrite(MINA1, speedvalue);                                    // Motor 1 and 2 back to zero from full speed.
    analogWrite(MINA2, speedvalue);
    delay(6000);
  }
}

for(int speedvalue = 0 ; speedvalue <= 255; speedvalue +=10) {
    analogWrite(MINB1, speedvalue);
    analogWrite(MINB2, speedvalue);
    delay(6000);

for(int speedvalue = 255 ; speedvalue >= 0; speedvalue -=10) 
    analogWrite(MINB1, speedvalue);
    analogWrite(MINB2, speedvalue);
    delay(6000);
  }
}

what i was hoping to achieve with this code was to get the motors going forward full speed from zero, back to zero, and reverse full speed, back to zero.

I didn’t try your code, but I noticed that you aren’t using any of the library functions. Using the library functions might make writing code for your project easier. I recommend looking at our demo code to see how some of the functions are implemented and trying to run the demo code once you receive your dual VNH5019 shield. The demo implements a similar algorithm as the one you proposed but drives each motor individually. If the library for the shield is installed properly, you can find the demo program under File -> Example -> DualVNH5019MotorShield in the Arduino IDE.

- Jeremy