Find out /dev/TTY port for TIC connected over USB

Hi,
I have a Mini Maestro 18-Channel USB Servo Controller and Tic T834 USB Multi-Interface Stepper Motor Controller both connected to an Ubuntu system. I am trying to control both my servo and stepper motors using python programming.
I was able to control the servos using the Mini Maestro connected to port /dev/ttyACM0 and /dev/ttyACM1. However, I have not been able to find /dev/tty* port for my Tic devices. I should mention that I am able to control my stepper motor using both ticgui and ticcmd. So, the Tic device is connected to my computer, but I don’t know which port it is assigned in the /dev/tty*, so that I refer in my python code.
I’d appreciate any help.
Thanks

Hello.

The Tic does not have a USB virtual serial port, so there will not be any devices in /dev/tty* for it.

In case you have not seen it yet, the “Writing PC software to control the Tic” section of the Tic user’s guide discusses different options for controlling the Tic from a PC. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

–David

Thank you David for your reply. I’ll read the documents you mentioned. However, I was following https://www.pololu.com/docs/0J71/12.7 and hopping to have it working through a serial port.

The “Example serial code in Python” section that you linked to shows how to communicate with the Tic via its serial interface (the TX and RX pins), not its USB interface. That code is for use on a computer that has a serial port, a USB-to-serial adapter like our CP2104 USB-to-Serial Adapter Carrier, or some other serial connection to the Tic.

–David