Error 2755-installing USB configuration utility (Jrk 12v12)

Hello,

I am trying to install the “Pololu Jrk USB Motor Controller with Feedback” utility found here:

pololu.com/catalog/product/1393/resources

…under “File Downloads”. I unzipped the package to a temporary directory with 7-zip.

The machine is an HP Compaq 6910p laptop running Windows XP SP3, logged in as Administrator. When I get to the stage of installation with the progress bar, I immediately get an error dialog,
“The system cannot open the device or file specified.”,
followed by
"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755."

I have been able to install the drivers and utility on a different machine, and I love how useful and intuitive it has been for controlling the handy 12v12 motor driver. I need to have it on this new machine, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Garrett

Hello.

I’m sorry you are having trouble with the jrk installer.

It’s pretty easily to install the jrk drivers and software manually if the installer fails, but we should try to figure out what is going wrong.

Maybe 7-zip unzipped your files in an unusual way. Could you go to the directory containing the jrk’s setup.exe and tell me the names of all the files in that directory and its subdirectories? Screenshots would be ok.

–David

Hi David,

Thanks for your input. Here’s screenshots of the unzipped directory and the two subdirectories “drivers” and “bin”. I run setup.exe and get the aforementioned error.

-Garrett

Hello. The filenames in your screenshots are green, which probably means that the files are encrypted. This can cause the error message you are getting. Please try extracting the jrk files to a location on your hard drive that is not encrypted, or see this article from Microsoft for more information about the problem:
support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834549

–David

Yes. I decripted the setup directory and the installation was successful. Thanks for your help!