Encoder Tic 249 problem

Hello
I bought your TIC 249 and it works without problems,
but I can’t use the encoder :pensive:
I followed the instructions, I clearly see the “encoder position” value that changes correctly both positive and negative …but when I rotate the encoder the stepper motor does not move,

I have no error messages,

I have also checked the settings of Prescaler and Postscaler, but it does not work

You can help me ?

thanks

Hello.

Can you post a copy of your Tic settings file so we can see how you have it configured? You can save a copy of your settings file from the “File” drop-down menu of the Tic Control Center.

Also, can you move the motor as expected when you put the Tic in “Serial/I2C/USB” control mode and use the “Set target” slider in the “Status” tab of the Tic Control Center?

Brandon

Hi Brandon , thanks for your reply
Yes, I confirm that the motor moves correctly by means of the cursor in SET TARGET

tic_settings.txt (1.4 KB)

Your settings show the “Control mode” set to “Serial/I2C/USB”. You might have saved your settings file after running the test I suggested instead of before. Can you clarify if had it set to one of the encoder modes before? If so, could you clarify which one: Encoder speed or Encoder position?

Brandon

hi Brandon,
the reason it was my stupid mistake, :grimacing:
I had concentrated on the setup but I hadn’t seen the drop-down menu that selects the different operating modes,
now it works fine. :grinning:
thanks for the support

1 Like