Dual MC33926 Motor Driver Carrier to Arduino Tutorial

Hello!

I am new to Arduinos and its uses but would like to learn

I would like to connect the Dual MC33926 Motor Driver Carrier (https://www.pololu.com/product/1213) to power a couple of DC motors.

Can someone fill me in on how/where the pins should be connected as well as what to keep in mind when making these connections?

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our motor drivers. Being new to Arduino, you might be better off starting with our Pololu Dual MC33926 Motor Driver Shield ; this shield has an Arduino form factor and simply connects right on top of your Arduino Leonardo or Uno; it also fits our A-star 32U4 Prime boards that are Arduino compatible. A user’s guide and Arduino library for the shield are available under the “Resources” tab of the shield’s product page.

If you already have a dual carrier, it will still work with an Arduino board, but the connections will be more complicated. Information on what each pin on the driver does and how to connect them to a microcontroller can be found in the pin descriptions table and “Basic Application Connections” section of the dual carrier’s product page. Please note that the Arduino library for the shield will not work with the carrier, because the shield has additional circuitry that simplifies the user interface, so if you use the carrier, you will have to write your own code.

The Arduino website is a great way to start learning about how Arduinos works. Their getting started page has instructions for setting up and working in the Arduino environment, and the tutorials page steps through the basics of how coding in the Arduino IDE works.

-Dan