DRV8835 for arduino UNO issues

Hi,

I can’t get the driver to work correctly. I tested the pins, and their voltages are good. I tested all the connections and they are good. There isn’t any short-circuit. I don’t know what to look for anymore. I also tested my arduino UNO and the voltage that come from it are good.

So here’s my issue, when I put the PWM pins at 255, I have no voltage. When I put it at 0, I have the maximum voltage! Also, I can get only one motor to work on reverse. And when the only motor that work on reverse is on reverse, the PWM issue is gone. The 0 is no voltage and the 255 is the voltage max.

Can you help me? I don’t know what to do anymore. I’m starting to think that there is something wrong with my motor shield.

Thank you,
Max.

Hello, Max.

I am sorry you are having trouble with your DRV8835 shield. Can you tell me more about your system? How are you supplying power? Can you verify that your motor rotates in both directions? (To do this, you can directly connect the motor to your motor supply, then reverse the polarity of the leads to change the direction of rotation.) Can you try running our DRV8835MotorShieldDemo? (You can download our DRV8835 shield library using the GitHub link under the Resources tab of the shield’s product page.) Also, can you post pictures that clearly show the shield and its connections?

-Jon

I already tried with your demo and it didn’t work.
I directly checked the voltage of each pin and I can never get anything with the M1B. It doesn’t work in reverse.
However, my shop sent me another motorshield today in RMA. So the issue should be gone soon!